TAMPA - UPDATE: The single winning ticket in Saturday night's Powerball drawing worth an estimated $590 million was sold at a Zephyrhills Publix. The store is located on Gall Boulevard in Pasco County. The numbers drawn Saturday are: 22, 10, 13, 14, 52 and a Powerball of ...
Ramos 'getting comfortable' as Rays' long-relief man BALTIMORE -- Cesar Ramos was impressive while appearing in four of the Rays' 10 games during the last homestand after pitching in only three of the previous 17 games. "[Ramos has] been good. He's been really good," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Very aggressive in the zone, really a good sinking ...
The Cuban Cultural Fest was established to celebrate the rich heritage and traditions of the Island nation that have been nurtured and kept alive by Cuban Americans living in the Tampa Bay area. The festival showcased some of the most talented Cuban artists and performers in a cultural celebration that introduces the people of Tampa Bay to an exciting world of talent and ...
Off to the winningest start in the Majors this season and the best for anyone his age in years, Matt Moore doesn't have to be told that he's undefeated deep into May. At 7-0 with a 2.44 ERA, the Rays left-hander will put his spotless record back on the line Sunday when he meets the Orioles and Chris Tillman, who has been the best part of a beleaguered Baltimore rotation. As the Rays ...
Email BALTIMORE -- Jose Molina left Saturday's game vs. the Orioles due to a tight left hamstring. The Rays catcher is listed as day-to-day. When Molina hit his second double of the game, he pulled into second base without sliding and still managed to avoid the tag. Moments later, Jose Lobaton was sent in to pinch run for ...
Summer of Sam [DVD]
"Summer of Sam" finally lost me about two-thirds of the way through. As everyone probably knows, the "Sam" of the title refers to "Son of Sam" David Berkowitz, the serial killer who terrorized New York for more than a year in the late 1970s, stalking people and shooting them with a .44-caliber handgun because, as he claimed at the time, his neighbor's dog told him to. ...
Orioles have to buck this recent trend of short, uneven starts from their rotation. Eventually that catches up with a club, even one with a great bullpen and a lineup that can hammer opponents. Case in point: Saturday's 10-6 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays that extended the Orioles' losing streak to a season-worst four games. The Orioles (23-19) bashed Rays starter Roberto Hernandez and ...
Luke Scott drew a bases-loaded walk to cap the rally, which enabled the Rays to clinch their three-game series. Joyce also homered, finishing 3-for-5 with five RBI in the victory. Alex Torres (1-0) earned the decision with four innings of scoreless ...
Matt Joyce hit a go-ahead two-run double in a six-run ninth-inning rally, lifting the Tampa Bay Rays to a 10-6 victory over the Orioles on Saturday, ending Baltimore's franchise-record streak of 109 straight wins when leading after seven ...
BALTIMORE -- Cesar Ramos was impressive while appearing in four of the Rays' 10 games during the last homestand after pitching in only three of the previous 17 games. "[Ramos has] been good. He's been really good," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Very aggressive in the zone, really a good sinking movement on the fastball. Excellent slow curveball. He's been ...
Email BALTIMORE -- Jeremy Hellickson tied a club record Friday night for most runs allowed in a win, when he yielded eight in 7 2/3 innings in the Rays' 12-10 win over the Orioles. The right-hander tied the mark of Victor Zambrano, who beat the Red Sox, 15-9, at Fenway Park on July 24, 2003. It was also the most earned runs allowed by a Major League pitcher in a win since Andy Pettitte of ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Coogee, Sydney
This 4.5 star hotel is one of our favourites. Overlooking Coogee Beach and just a 15 minute drive from the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Florida StatesmanFlorida Statesman | Round-up of news from across Florida
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Florida news. From Jacksonville to Orlando, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Florida Statesman. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Florida weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn were spotted soaking up the sun on the golfer's yacht in Florida on Tuesday.
Woods, 37, was photographed shirtless as he fished off the back of the boat named Solitude in a baseball cap, shorts and sneakers, People Magazine reported.
Woods' daughter Sam from his marriage to his ex-wife Elin Nordegren was also hanging out on the boat, People magazine reported.
Meanwhile, clad in a colorful strapless bikini, Vonn, 28, snapped photos from the dock. (ANI)
- Approaching bipartisan solutions for nation’s housing woes
- Guest When Jason Collins and my father coming out will no longer matter
- When a government nudge becomes a shove
- Tough love for Coppin
- Ghost Ships Murders Bird Attacks Stories To Keep You Awake
- Post-session Citizens is best ever says CEO and president
- New rules may make it easier to fight traffic camera tickets harder to win
- In bid to combat prostitution human trafficking lawmakers vote to limit massage hours
- Kids bowl free through September | Deal alerts
- Single winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida | Lotto alerts
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Isinbayeva to continue as Youth Olympics ambassador
- Isinbayeva wins comeback meet in Shanghai
- Russian dies in Vietnam after fight with compatriot
- Four prisoners flee Russian jail
- Royal Palm appoints planning board alternate
- Victim in fatal I-95 crash in Boynton Beach identified as Lantana woman 24
- Portland recycling bins overflowing with dirty diapers
- A 238 square foot retirement home
- 3D holographic fetus and other incredible 3D tech
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Florida Statesman headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Lightning sparks fire that destroys home in The Villages
- Record winning Powerball ticket of $590M sold in Zephyrhills
- Orlando native heading to Haiti to make a difference
- Mother accused of leaving child home alone locked in bedroom
- Record $590.5 million Powerball jackpot won by single Florida ticket